All student athletes must be pre-registered and also have the following forms completed (Forms are available in the office and/or in enrollment packet on FACTS) and turned into the office before participating in athletics at Sylva-Bay Academy. Rush Medical Facility provides physicals to registered students free of charge in the spring. If a student missed the school physical or prefers to have it completed by a private physician, you may do so.
Mississippi Physical Form
Student Athletic Consent Form
Student athletes must also meet the following requirements to participate in competitive sports:
- Enrolled in school and taking at least four (4) major academic subjects and a member in good standing
- Transfer students must have a copy of their cumulative record, insert and transcript on file in the office before participating in practices or games.
- To be eligible for the first semester of a school year: A student must have accumulated four (4) major units (credits) the previous academic year. (Previous academic year is interpreted to be a complete year or any part of a school year in which a student is enrolled at either a member school or a non-member school).
- Students Eligible At Beginning of School Year - Any student athlete eligible at the beginning of the new school year, shall be eligible for the entire school year.
- To be eligible for the second semester of a school year: A student-athlete who is ineligible the first semester could become eligible the second semester if he or she passed four (4) major subjects during the first semester of that same academic year