Sylva-Bay Academy Admission Policy 2022-2023
Criteria for admission:
- Families enrolling at Sylva-Bay Academy must provide the following:
- Registration Fee of $200 for new families
- Membership Fee of $500 for new families
- Completed Online Enrollment Application
- Completed Online Financial Agreement Contract
- Payment of Appropriate Tuition and Fees
- A copy of student’s transcript (if applicable)
- Most recent report card (if applicable)
- Achievement test scores (if applicable)
- A copy of the student’s Social Security Card
- A certified copy of the student’s birth certificate – to remain on file at Sylva-Bay Academy
- A Mississippi Immunization Certificate (Form 121)
- Contact information from previous school for character reference(s)
- Student must have grades from former school that indicate probable success at Sylva-Bay Academy.
- Student must receive a favorable background report as stated by former school officials (including behavior and proper actions).
- All students entering grades K5-12 must take an admission test administered by a school official.
- Any student entering grades 7-12 that was not enrolled at Sylva-Bay Academy the previous year, must complete and pass a drug test screening process prior to acceptance at Sylva-Bay Academy. This screening will be at the parent’s expense.
- Final admission will be determined by a student’s past record and results on admission test.
- All admissions are subject to approval by the Board of Directors.
Sylva-Bay Academy admits students of any race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admission policies, and athletic or other school-administered programs.